Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I finally did it!!

Here is my pride and joy. After having lived in this house for almost 5 years, yes, I said 5 years I finally got a pumpkin. Isn't he a cutie? I love how round he is and just the right color orange.


He had been hiding, then one day there he was. As I was checking out my other pumpkin plants I noticed there were more than just him. He had relatives. About 13 to be exact.

We had fun picking them on the day it rained and was cold out. It felt like pumpkin time. So we cut them off the vine and set them out. I am so happy we grew our own. Next year I hope we get a lot more. This was too much fun.

3 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Love the pumpkins!!! We grew pumpkins with quite a bit of success for about 4-5 years - it was so much fun!! Then, it was as if the soil had been depleted and we couldn't grow them anymore. But it was always so much fun when we did!
Congratulations!!

Nekbraker said...

Five years? My goodness, I didn't realize it had been that long. As for the pumpkin, it's a good thing you noticed it when you did, and didn't "squash" it :D

Angi said...

No kidding, That would've been sad. And yes, almost five years. Crazy eh?